- Downloader: Download other malwares
- Dropper: Drop other malwares
- Injector: Inject its code into other process(the injected process usually not malicious), let the injected process do something evil
- InfoStealer: Steal users’ privacy infomation, such as card number, username & password, cookies, etc
- Ransomware: Encrypt users’ personal files, then ask for some money to decrypt.[How to avoid ransomware infected your computer?]
How to identify phishing site
Phishing site is one of the most popular threats for Internet users. We should not only rely on our security products, it’s very easy to create a new phishing site with few changes on the source codes which hackers already had.
So, it’s time to identify phishing site by ourselves! Continue reading “How to identify phishing site”
Common types of malware
- Trojan: They usually obtain system privileges, destory system, steal private user infomation, download/drop other malware
- Backdoor: Hackers can use this to monitor & control your computer silently.
- Worm: They spread through networks and replicate themselves on other connected computers, sometimes they steal private user infomation.
- Virus: Most of them can infect other files, but most of the infected files can be restored to their normal conditions after the virus is cleared.
- Exploit: They use the leaks of operating system or programs to get high privilege or attack your computer.
- Hacktool: Hackers can use this to attack your computer, start DDoS attack, scan for leaks in computer, etc.
- Adware: Usually bundled with free software, pop-up annoying ads, slow down computer speed.
- PUA: Possibly Unwanted Application, these software usually have not very good reputation, bundled in some silent installers.
- Macro: Macro viruses are a type of malware stored in Microsoft Office file/template macros. Once this file is opened, the macro will be run, activating the macro virus so it will reside in the Normal template. Afterwards, all auto-saved files will be infected with this macro virus.