Phishing site is one of the most popular threats for Internet users. We should not only rely on our security products, it’s very easy to create a new phishing site with few changes on the source codes which hackers already had.
So, it’s time to identify phishing site by ourselves!
- Domain: We recommend you remember some common domains(Google, Paypal, Apple, etc), before you login & pay, check its domain first!
- Google Accounts: https://accounts.google.com/
- Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/signin
- Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com/
- iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/
- HTTPS: Most of the login/pay pages use HTTPS to secure data-transfer(like the URL I mentioned above, URL begins with “https://”), don’t forget to check it![But now, some of phishing site also uses HTTPS, do not rely on it too much :-)]
- Content: In some of phishing sites, its image quality is much lower than official site. And its content also has some spell error.
- Link: Most of the phishing sites don’t maintain all of the links inside its page(usually copy from official site), or just link to itself, it’s also a good way to identify phishing site.