- Trojan: They usually obtain system privileges, destory system, steal private user infomation, download/drop other malware
- Backdoor: Hackers can use this to monitor & control your computer silently.
- Worm: They spread through networks and replicate themselves on other connected computers, sometimes they steal private user infomation.
- Virus: Most of them can infect other files, but most of the infected files can be restored to their normal conditions after the virus is cleared.
- Exploit: They use the leaks of operating system or programs to get high privilege or attack your computer.
- Hacktool: Hackers can use this to attack your computer, start DDoS attack, scan for leaks in computer, etc.
- Adware: Usually bundled with free software, pop-up annoying ads, slow down computer speed.
- PUA: Possibly Unwanted Application, these software usually have not very good reputation, bundled in some silent installers.
- Macro: Macro viruses are a type of malware stored in Microsoft Office file/template macros. Once this file is opened, the macro will be run, activating the macro virus so it will reside in the Normal template. Afterwards, all auto-saved files will be infected with this macro virus.
Recently, ransomware become one of the most popular threats all over the world, it will encrypt your personal data and ask for some money(usually use Bitcoin). Although the master key of TeslaCrypt has become public and many antivirus vendors have created related decryptor, there are still lots of ransomwares which can not be decrypted.
Here are some tips to avoid ransomware infected your computer & encrypt your personal data. Continue reading “How to avoid ransomware infected your computer”